The Kirby Museum is pleased to release our first set of prints celebrating Jack Kirby’s centenary. To start the series we have digitally remastered and restored the Tribes Trilogy paintings. The Trilogy was drawn, inked and colored by Jack Kirby. Prints will be on display and for sale at our booth (#445) during this weekend’s Five Points Festival on NYC’s Lower East Side. Prints cost $60.00 each or all 3 with the same series number for $200.00. Prints will be for sale soon on our website.
More about the prints:
- This first set is limited to an edition of 50 with the first 10 numbers held in reserve
- Each print has the Kirby 100 logo and an embossed Kirby Museum logo
- Prints are 18 x 24 inches
- Printed as high resolution Giclée using Epson UltraChrome HD pigment inks
- Paper is Epson Hot Press Natural, Smooth Fine Art heavy weight (16mm) paper and is archival, acid-free, 100% cotton fiber
- Each print is packaged in a 1mm resealable archival mylar sleeve
These prints were remastered from high resolution scans of the original art held in our Kirby Digital Archive. Colors were enhanced to match as closely as possible the original Dr. Ph. Martin ink colors used by Kirby. For example, some of the edges of the art showed the bright colors of the original colors because they had been protected from fading by being under mats or frames. The biggest challenge was the Lizard print. The edges were bright pink however the rest had faded. Restoring the pink gave this print impact.
All sales will benefit the museum in our ongoing efforts to study, preserve, and publicize the work of Jack Kirby.